The Jabsco Y-Valve is designed to provide flexibility of onboard waste management by diverting waste either into an onboard holding tank or directly overboard where legal to do so. Check local and Federal regulations to determine where direct overboard discharge of untreated waste is permitted. No overboard discharge of untreated waste is allowed within three miles of shore.
Some near shore areas and inland areas are designated as “No-Discharge Zones” where the discharge of any onboard waste, even treated waste is strictly prohibited. Many of these areas require a waste retention system that can be positively secured in an onboard retention mode. The Jabsco Y- Valve accommodates this requirement by providing the ability to add a padlock that secures the selector handle in either direction to ensure waste is directed to an onboard holding tank. The Y-Valve may also be used to direct waste from a holding tank to an onboard waste discharge pump for holding tank evacuation or, alternatively, to a waste deck plate for removal by a shoreside pump-out facility.
The Y- Valve may also be used in a bilge pumping system to select between two separate bilge pickups in different bilge compartments providing for evacuation of two separate bilge areas with only one bilge pump.
- Chemical and corrosion resistant polypropylene and stainless steel construction
- Selector lever can be padlocked (lock not included) and/or sealed in either position
- Ports can be rotated so discharge plumbing can be routed away in parallel, at 900 or in opposite directions, or either up or down without disassembly
- Valve is supplied with both 1-1/2″ (38 mm) ports (fitted) and extra 1″ (25 mm) straight inlet port
- Optional shaft extension allows valve to be mounted through a bulkhead up to 1-3/4″ thick with only the selector handle exposed
- Self cleaning design provides trouble free operation
- Molded in flow direction indicator arrows
- Easy access to three sturdy mounting feet for quick and simple installation
- Easy access to valve by removal of just three hex head machine screws, top cover and diverter assembly lift away from the body
There are no reviews yet.