Calcite is a naturally occurring calcium carbonate media. Calcite neutralizes low acidic pH conditions and re-mineralizes reverse osmosis water. These cartridges will make water less aggressive, and many prefer the pleasant taste added to drinking water. The media is dissolved during filtration; thus, the cartridge should be replaced prior to complete depletion.
As the Calcite’s calcium carbonate neutralizes the water, it will increase hardness and a softener may become necessary after the neutralizing filter.
- Naturally occurring material
- Slow reacting for controlled pH correction
- NSF standard 60 certified Calcite media
- Micron Rating: 10 Micron nominal
- Dimensions: 9.75″ x 2.75″
- Weight: 3 lbs.
- Operation Temperature: 40°F to 100°F
- Flow Rate: 1 GPM
- Filter Media: Calcium Carbonate
- Filter Life: 5,000 Gallons
There are no reviews yet.